Thursday, February 21, 2013

30 Day Shred - The Middle

Well I'm about to embark on Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred.  If you didn't get a chance to read about the first 10 days, you can check it out here, trust me - it's inspiring! Bahaha!!  Actually, if you want  real inspiration... here are my true feelings on exercise:


It has been brought to my attention that, although I totally hate Jillian Michaels, that is apparently a common sentiment among those who have done her workouts.  It was also pointed out to me that if she weren't such a total bitch, giving up would be much easier.  So, although I say "screw you, Jillian" quite frequently throughout the workouts, I need to remember that this cold-hearted woman is going to get me to my goal of not breaking into a severe sweat whenever I have to lift my lazy ass off the couch! :)

Okay, so here we go!

Day 11

Just as I suspected... that was hard!  I basically grunted and cursed my way through the entire workout.  At one point we had to to some sort of exercise in a plank position and I'm not gonna lie... I laid face down on the floor and listened to my heart thumping in my ears for basically the full 60 seconds.  I'll be interested to see how much better I can do these exercises by day 20!!  If I can do this workout easily by then, I might actually have something good to say about Ms. Michaels!

Day 12

I kinda feel like barfing today.  Possibly because I got thrown up on by a 6-month old, and a 2-year old just sneezed in my mouth.  So, even though I just started Level 2, I really need today off.  It's 6:30 p.m., both girls are in bed, and I'm off to bed too.  I'll try again tomorrow! 

Day 13

Well I made it through the entire workout without laying on the floor.  I had to take a couple of breaks throughout the workout, but overall I am extremely impressed with how different today was from the first day of this level!  Go me! 

Day 14

I made it through again... still shaking now.  The plank-jacks are killer.  But Jillian wouldn't know that, since she just stares at the camera and tells you to keep moving.  Stupid Jillian.

Day 15

Danny's home from Yellowknife and I invited him to watch the workout.  I wanted to know if I was doing the moves correctly and whether or not he would find it difficult.  He said he was impressed with how I'm sticking to it (I may have given up on half a million different exercises in the past), but he kind of laughed at me when I asked him if he would be able to keep up.  Apparently he is way too fit for Jillian!

Day 16

Tonight I went to the city to enjoy a nice evening with friends.  We indulged in snack foods and I even had a beer.  Sorry Jillian! :)

Day 17

Not gonna lie... I may have have half-assed the workout tonight.  We got back from the city, we had to unpack, the girls are both sick.  It was a miserable night without adding more misery to the mix!  It was all I could do to finish... I actually walked away twice, but came back.  Now that's determination... or stupidity... haven't decided yet  

Day 18

I did the workout tonight, but I didn't do it well.  I could barely keep up, and I was only making it through parts of the workout.  I have a little upset tummy tonight, and sheer exhaustion from trying to get ready for my return to work.  So although I completed the workout... it wasn't pretty!  I have 2 days left to rock this thing... here's hoping tomorrow is more energized!



Yeah... so I've had to take a hiatus from the last two days of this workout.  I buggered up my knee and am unable to do many of the exercises in this level.  Also, heading back to work this week has made my life incredibly crazy and hectic.  I'm a little disappointed with my Level 2 accomplishment... but no worries, I'll get back it at for Level 3!  

No comments:

Post a Comment