Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm a Scary Mommy!

I found this article today while "working."  Okay, so maybe I was taking a 10-minute break and was surfing the internet for things to keep me sane.  Today was the holy-crapola of all days, and I needed the break... don't judge!  Whatever the reasons, I found this article and read it, and loved it! :) 

My favourite part was where she called her son an asshole!  It made me gasp for a half a second when I first read it, but then I laughed... cause I kind of did the same thing the other day! 

I've talked a little bit about Gracie's attitude, but I haven't had the opportunity (or the balls) to update you on how bad that little girl's attitude has gotten.  There have been days in the last couple of weeks that I've seriously thought I was crazy for having another girl!  Gracie doesn't just grunt now... she struts and grunts.  She will walk away from you, grunting the whole way, and when you try to talk to her, "Gracie, come here please..." she will keep walking, swinging one arm really high, then stop, turn and look at you over one shoulder, blink her eyes very slowly, and grunt.  Now if that isn't attitude!! 

The only thing that's keeping me sane lately is convincing myself that because she can't quite communicate yet, there's no reasoning with her, so it`s not really her fault she can`t express herself.  But I know, deep down, Gracie communicates quite well.  She knows exactly what she's doing when she grunts.  She knows how bad it frustrates us when you are trying to talk to her and she closes her eyes and pretends you aren't there.  She knows how much it irritates us when she turns her back and refuses to look at us when we're talking.  She's only 14 months... and that little girl communicates exactly what she thinks!  The walk is what gets me... so much attitude in such tiny little steps!  I really have to videotape it and share it with you!

Anyway, after a particularly heinous day on Monday (I blame it on the fact that she ate junk this weekend and Grampy and Nanny went home), we finally got her down for her nap and I said to Danny, "that little girl is being such a shit head today."  I felt a little guilty about it.  But it was true!  Brat is another word I could have used... but I don't really like it.  Shit head described her behaviour perfectly. 

When I dropped her off at the sitter's yesterday, I warned her about the behaviour.  We correct Gracie's bad behaviour, and I didn't want Nancy to be caught off guard by her "angel" and let her get away with anything!  When Danny picked her up yesterday, I'm pretty sure, for the first time, Nancy was shooing her out the door... I'm not going to lie, it felt so good to hear from Nancy how bad Gracie behaved that day.  At least she doesn't save up all that attitude just for us! :)  Nancy was shocked I think, since she usually just nods and giggles at me when I describe Gracie's attitude and always tells us how good she is.  I felt vidicated.  See, I'm not the only one who thought she was acting like a shit head!  Although Nancy would never say something like that... she's a much better person than me, she would say "spirited" or "energetic" or something not so bad like that!

Anyway, you should read the article... I felt much better today after I read it.  It made me brave enought to admit that I referred to my daughter as a shit head.  And come on, admit it, you've done it too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment