Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Counting toes, tickles, and belly laughs

Gracie is growing up.  I know that, obviously.  But sometimes, it catches me off guard.  She likes to count now... she counts her fingers, one by one, and she loves to count the birds in her books.  Obviously, she doesn't know her numbers yet, but she gets the concept of counting.  She even says, "one, one, one, six, seven."  She's said "four" before and every now and then we get a "nine."  It's not in order, it's not even close to being right, but it sure is cute!


Another thing that surprises me sometimes is how many words that little girl knows.  We always try to teach her new words, "that's a bird, Gracie.  Say bird."  But most of the time it comes out "meh?"  We bought Gracie new shoes for Easter... a pair of sandles and a pair of shoes with rubber soles (she actually wore out the last pair she had).  She loooooves shoes!  She is obsessed with her sandles and cries when we take them off her.  And now she even says, "soooes?  soooes?"  I'm pretty sure that's her equivalent of shoes.  She also says up, dog, cat, cheese, bird, ticka-ticka (tickle), and the basics too, mom, dad, nanny, poppy.  She still struggles with Grampy.  That's a hard one I think.  She also knows her baby sister's name.  But she wont tell you! :)


By the way, it's nice to write a blog that doesn't involve Gracie's attitude... but I have to say, when I was on Pinterest the other day, I found the perfect definition of Gracie.  It may go up on the wall in her new bedroom, I haven't decided yet.

Girl (n),
Sweetness with a sprinkle of attitude.

I also love the boy one... if I have a boy next, it's totally going on the wall of his room!

Boy (n),
Noise, with dirt on it.

I love them both, they are so true! :)


Here's another video of her.  She and dad were having a good time.


I love the belly laugh!  How can you not laugh when a baby is laughing?  It's impossible!  Just the sound of a baby laughing will make anyone smile and immediately improve their day!

That's all for now... until the next "sprinkle of attitude" comes along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment