Tuesday, March 12, 2013

30 Day Shred - The End

Well here we are, at the end of The Shred.  My final 10 days... Level 3!  I honestly didn't think I could commit to 30 days of fitness.  I always have the best intentions, but anyone who knows me, knows how much I absolutely hate working out.  Maybe it's because it hurts so much, maybe I am just truly the laziest person around... I think it's because I cherish my bad food too much, and feel guilty when I eat crap when trying to be healthy.  I hate guilt.  So instead of feeling guilty, I stop exercising so I don't feel bad about my chicken wings and fried pepperoni! :)

Here's a little inspiration from Jillian - it pretty much sums up why I hate her so much.  She tells you this throughout the workouts and it makes me want to curse at her.   Sometimes I do and I feel much better!

Jillian Michaels

I've had to take about two weeks off from working out, due to knee problems and some sort of tummy bug.  I'm really hoping it didn't lower me back down to "sloth" position and I can pick up where I left off... okay, here we go!!

Day 21

Wow... Level 3 is definitely more intense.  But I have to say after the first night, it looks like my favourite.  After the first cardio interval, I was cursing and grunting a lot.  It sounded like the last 30 minutes of my labour with Ella.  Danny came to make sure I was okay and I'm pretty sure I yelled the same things as labour, "you did this to me!!!"  I've always known the importance of breathing, but this level really proved it to me... I had no choice but to breathe, and breathe hard!  Bonus - I did every single push-up (walking push-ups, actually) that the horrible woman asked me to!  Take THAT, Jillian!

Day 22

Okay, so I woke up this morning feeling a little like I had been hit by a bus.  Also, I was starving!  By the time work-out time came around, I kinda felt like someone had punched me in the stomach over and over and over again.  But that's a good thing, right?  I was not a fantastic work-outer tonight.  I am super sore from yesterday, and it was all I could do to keep from crying through some of the strength moves.  Here's hoping I heal better tonight and feel more like a real person tomorrow!

Day 23

So I still feel like I've been hit by a bus... except worse today.  In a good way, I suppose.  I know they say you're supposed to hurt, it means your body is changing.  But seriously, my ribs and abs hurt to breathe.  So I'm taking a break tonight... cause I'm pretty sure if I do the workout tonight, I may puke, faint, AND die.  In that order.

Day 24

Yeah, so I'm still super sore, but I got back at it today.  I must say I love this workout.  Okay, that word is a little strong.  I tolerate this workout better than any of the others.  It actually feels pretty good!

Day 25

Are you still supposed to ache after 5 days?  Danny says this is what he feels like almost every day, since he works out hard every single day.  I say, poooey.  On the bright side though, I'm getting this thing done, and that's more than I ever thought I'd be able to do.  I'm actually starting to *gasp* enjoy it.

Day 26

I lied... I'm not enjoying it.  I'm back to feeling like this achy feeling sucks.  Super sucks.  It takes me the first 10 minutes of the workout to loosen up enough to not feel like I'm dying with each move.  And the freaking workout is only 20 minutes to begin with.  But again... I'm doing it!  So yay, me!!!

Day 27

I'm not doing it.  Not today.

Day 28

After my day off yesterday, I feel much more energized.  I actually completed the workout with minimal grunting and groaning.  I must say, this level is one hell of an ab workout.  Holy guacamole!!  I'm not shaking nearly as bad as I was on Day 21 though, so that's a bonus!

Day 29

I got through the whole workout today without even breaking a sweat.  Okay, that's a lie... I sweated like a gross old pig.  I hate to use that work again, but I actually kind of enjoyed tonight!

Day 30

What's that you say?  The end!?!?  Wahooooooo!  Never to do another exercise again!!  That's actually not true... as much as I hate Jillian, I love the fact that her workouts make me feel like I'm actually working out... and I love that by the end of day 3, 4, and 5, I feel a difference in what I'm able to do... SOOOOO, I will be doing her leg workout, arm workout, and ab workout, with Level 3 in between those days (but not on Saturdays or Sundays, those are my resting days).

I'm very glad that I did this workout... I didn't commit to it nearly as well as I wanted to, and I sure as hell didn't change my eating habits.  I feel like I could have done much better (body-wise) if I had.  What I was happy with was the results of my stamina and cardio... I can do so much more than I could a month ago, and for me, that's so important!  Now that I'm back at work, I can only eat what I bring with me, so I've been eating much healthier the last couple of weeks.  Stay tuned for an update in another month or so to see if I've adopted this healthy, working-out lifestyle (sadly, I have my doubts).

And for the record, here are my before and afters (sorry, no swimsuit pictures! lol)

Before:

Weight - 118
Chest - 31.5
R. Arm - 11
L. Arm - 10.5
Waist - 27.5
Hips - 33
R. Thigh - 20
L. Thigh - 21.5


After:

Weight - 113
Chest - 32
R. Arm - 11.5
L. Arm - 11.5
Waist - 26
Hips - 33
R. Thigh - 19
L. Thigh - 20

No comments:

Post a Comment