Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time Flies!

You know... with the impending arrival of Baby Ford #2, sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the fact that "Oh my God, we're having a second baby.  Which means that my first baby isn't a baby anymore!"  I love watching Gracie grow up... nothing makes me happier than when she learns new words, or new skills... she is constantly amazing us!  But oh my word, does it all have to happen so fast??

The last couple of weeks have seen major language developments in Gracie, and the number of words and the way she communicates now is unbelievable!  She now has words for flower, fly, water, help, push, toothpaste, flush (don't ask!), more please, thank you, sorry, bug, dirt, and so many more others.  Last night when we were skyping with Grampy and Nanny, she even took a stab at "Grampy."  He shall be henceforth known as "Guppa."  Or, at least until she learns more sounds and gets something a little closer to Grampy! :)

Last week I realized that the mop of hair growing out of the side of her head (and only the side of her head) would probably look pretty cute up in pigtails.  So I tried it out yesterday, and she looked oh so grown up!


So much different than the little baby I brought home from the hospital  16 months ago!

*sigh*  Where does the time go?!?    I know that before I can even get my mind wrapped around it, this little girl will probably be starting school... or going on her first date... or graduating!  I'm so glad that technology allows me to capture all the memories, all the thoughts, and moments that I never want to forget... because time passes us by in the blink of an eye!  And yet... I cannot wait to meet this new little baby, to watch her and her sister grow up to be friends, to experience all of her "firsts."  I believe in living life in the moment, so you don't miss anything.  But sometimes, I can't help but wish there was a pause button!  

No comments:

Post a Comment