Saturday, March 17, 2012

A picture of baby... from the inside out!

Today was our 3d ultrasound in Halifax.  Our appointment was at 11:00, but I made Danny get up and be ready to leave by 8:15.  Not because I was so excited I couldn't wait any longer, but because in the 2+ years we've been travelling to Halifax for various appointments, there has YET to be a trip that it wasn't either raining torrentially, or snow storming in some fashion or another.  We have been late because of construction, accidents, bridge closures, and bad weather.  Being late is a pet peeve of mine... I was brought up being taught "if you aren't 10 minutes early, you're late."  And I fully, 100% agree with that.  Even now that we have Gracie, we are rarely late.  We just leave 15 minutes earlier than our usual earliness to make up for those things that may occur.  Like a last minute diaper change, or an "oops, I forgot the __________, turn around so I can grab it."  So... there was no way I was going to be late today.  Lucky for me, the weather cooperated for the whole drive.  And we arrived at the appointment with 45 minutes to spare! :)   Good thing there's a starbucks on the main floor!

Please, feast your eyes on our adorable little... haha, still not telling!!  Right now, he-she is mosly skin and bones (although much chubbier than Gracie was at this point, Lord help me), but by the next visit (in 6 weeks time) he-she will be fattened right up and looking more baby-like!




And just for comparison, here's one of Gracie at the same time, 23 weeks...



It's hard to believe the due date is just around the corner... it's kinda scary to think that in a matter of months, we'll have 2 little babies, instead of just 1!  Gracie is quite excited though... at least she's excited about my belly.  I think she loves the fact that it sticks out, because she loves to touch it and kiss it... I doubt she has any idea what's inside there, and she'd probably do the same thing to Danny if he had a few more beers under his shirt.  I don't know what she'll think when we bring home a real baby... but I think she'll her love new brother or sister very much... most of the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment