Monday, March 26, 2012

I Saw Big Foot!!

The weather last week was phenomenal, to say the least!  It reached 27 degrees on Thursday, and I loved every second of it!  Well, almost every second... I realized, very quickly, that being pregnant in the dead of winter is very different from being pregnant when it is 25+ degrees outside. 

When I left for work on Wednesday, it was such a beautiful day!  I was in the midst of planning a surprise baby shower for one of the lawyers at our firm, so I spent a good part of the day on my feet... shopping, decorating, etc., all on top of my normal work.  I was tired, but I'm getting used to that feeling.  It was around 3:00 when I realized I may have a little problem... you see, whenever I am at my desk, my shoes come off.  It's just the way I am.  I am a no-shoes type of person.  I hate them.  I don't wear them unless I am at work or out in public.  And I only wear two types... heels, or flip flops.  Since I was at work, it was heels. 

So there I was, sitting at my desk, working away, with my feet all naked.  Then one of my bosses called and asked to see me.  So I swing my legs around to where I keep my shoes to slip them on... except they didn't slip.  They didn't even budge.  I literally could not get my feet inside of my shoes.  It was then that I noticed the buzzing, warm feeling coming from my feet, and realized that my size 7 feet were no longer size 7.  Well, crap.  My boss happens to be the managing partner at the firm.  And he's very prim and proper.  I doubt he would appreciate a barefoot (and pregnant) assistant clomping into his office with a client there.  So I shoved my feet into my shoes, and managed to make my way there, look after the issues he was having with his computer, and get back to my desk without crying.  But then the shoes came back off.  There was no way my little tootsies were getting back into those shoes.

I spent the rest of the day barefoot, drove home that way, and didn't put shoes on my feet again until the next day.  And the next day, it was flip flops!   I spent the weekend in my one pair of casual shoes (flats), and I haven't had to put heels back on yet.  I'm hoping with the snow forecasted for tomorrow that I will have no issues with swollen toes and heels wont be an issue.  But I may have to figure something out before the warm weather hits us permanently.  My personal vote would be flip flops from now until July... but since I love my heels just as much as my flip flops, I think I may  need to invest in a different pair... perhaps a pair with a little more give.  Or maybe just a bigger size...

No comments:

Post a Comment