Friday, July 05, 2013

Gremlin, anybody?



Oh Ella... it's been a while since I wrote you your own little blog.  But darling, you're about to become famous! Okay, not famous... but definitely well-read-about!   Do you know that you're almost a year old now!  These past 11 months have just flown by! 

You came into this world in a hurry, but late.  You eat like a monster, but remain this teeny-tiny little being.  You sleep through the night, and yet you are exhausting.  You, my little girl, are just full of contradictions.

You have a huge personality for such a tiny little girl.  I've tried to describe this personality, but unless you can witness it, it's nearly impossible to do it justice.  You're cute, but you are oh, so very bad!!  There is something in you that, although cute at this innocent little age, is going to make my hair turn gray before you turn three.   Every morning when I drop you off at daycare, Nancy greets you with "hello, badness!"  And when I pick you up in the afternoon, I say the same thing!  How can something so tiny elicit such fear for my future?

My parents were visiting this past weekend, and although they have always been firm supporters of yours ("Samantha, don't talk about my granddaughter that way!") they are now reformed believers of your badness.  It was all my mother could do this weekend to not laugh every time your personality reared its ugly head.  The only person unaffected by your giant, angry ego was Grampy, whom you conveniently have wrapped around your little finger, and whom you've decided to spare from your fury... for now. 

You are a hitter.  And when we take your hands and firmly tell you "no!" you hit even harder, and grunt even louder.  When we did the same thing to your sister two years ago, she would immediately pucker up for her apology kiss, and do something sweet and coated with sugar to make us forgive her.  You do not.  Sometimes, if you're being extra "spirited" and daddy has to be the one to tell you no, your lip quivers, you look at the floor, and sometimes you cry.  But rest assured, as soon as we all feel bad enough for making you cry, you're back at it, with an evil little grin on your face.

Even Gracie has fallen for your double-personality.  You will hold out your arms, open your mouth wide, and say "ahh, ahh, ahh" which is code for "come give me a kiss."  But as soon as she gets close enough to you and reaches out to give you a hug, you grab onto her hair and pull, and scream like she is trying to hurt you.  I've caught on though, and realized you just like to see me scold her for making you cry... I see you now, "tee-hee-hee"ing behind your hand when she gets in trouble.  I know who is going to win in those sibling rivalry wars that are coming up.... she may be bigger than you, but you're going to play dirty!

Miss Gracie has had an attitude for as long as she's been alive.  She had, what I thought, was the biggest attitude imaginable for such a little girl.  I've learned that Gracie's attitude is based solely on her need to be independent.  Your attitude, however, is based on the fact that you are bad, bad, bad!!!  When we're in public, or friends are over, you are the cutest, sweetest little person.  You're all sugar and spice, and everything nice.  You smile, and giggle, and coo.  People always exclaim how sweet and gentle you are!  But once we get you back home, and it's just you and us, you're like a gremlin.  We can't feed you after midnight, or get you wet, because of the little monster you become!

Okay, so you're not quite as bad as a gremlin... but seriously...  you're bad!!  And after saying all of this, I still can't wait to see what kind of fun we're going to have with you growing up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment