Monday, June 18, 2012

Blog Blocked...

I don't know if it's the weather, the wind-up at work, or the million other things going on in my life... but for the first time since I started writing, I am blog-blocked!  The last two weeks, I have sat down at least half a dozen times and just stared at this blank screen... with nothing to say!  I know, me without something to say is shocking... but it's true!

There has been so much going on lately, I think my mind is just tired.  When I try to force it to be witty and intelligent, it just laughs at me, blows a little smoke, and turns itself off.  

The last 4 weeks of work, I've had my replacement with me.  I figured I would spend the first two weeks or so training him, and slowly easing off and relaxing the last two weeks.  Work had a different idea.  For some reason, work has a habit of piling itself on when it knows you are going away.  So instead of winding down and taking it easy the last few weeks, I was working full-out, and so was my replacement.  We had two people working my job full-time, and we still barely kept on top of everything.  I was not expecting that.  On Friday, my last day of work, I actually had a project handed to me at 2:00 and was asked if I could get it finished before I left.  I felt like laughing.  Instead, my lovely coworkers and I teamed up, and got it finished.  Wheeew!  Nothing like last-minute projects! :)

On top of work, there have been those lovely renovations we've been tackling.  The painting was finished a few weeks ago, but we haven't gotten around to actually setting up Gracie's new room, cleaning out her old one to make room for the new baby, or, you know, putting away the ginormous pile of crap that came out of the old office (which is now Gracie's room).  I figured I would tackle it when I get home from work in the evenings... but if you see the previous paragraph, you can probably imagine that my evenings involved only the bare essentials.  Eat, clean up, get ready for the next day, sleep. 

But you see, the problem is I'm now nearly 37 weeks along... which means full term... which means this lovely little lady could make an appearance any day now.  I'm hoping she's right on time.  3 weeks should give me time to finish up the laundry list of stuff I want to get done.  Today, for example, I was able to move Gracie's room downstairs.  I was hoping to unpack the little baby clothes and set up the nursery again, but I have a feeling that will be tomorrow's project.   Danny's also hasseling me to get my bag packed for the hospital... yeah, yeah, that should  probably be toward's the top of the list!  I also have 4 notebook pages of "spring cleaning" type stuff I absolutely must get down before I can bring home a new baby.  Obviously, if it doesn't get done, we'll all survive, and I'll forget about it in the post-baby exhaustion... but still, I MUST get it done.  It's my goal!

So with all of this stuff going on around me, I guess I can forgive my brain for being a little uncooperative in the creativity department.  I'm hoping now that I'm home during the days, I can re-energize my mind, and body, and get some stuff accomplished.  Including getting back on track with entertaining diatribes about my crazy family.  Because even though my brain has shut down, the craziness around here continues... and it's quite a shame that you are all missing out!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment