Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baaaaaaaah!!!

Gracie picks things up from us pretty quickly... I have come to realize that the grunting I detest so much has probably come from me saying "unh, unh, unh" when she gets into things.  Whoops.  Have to find a better sound to use!

Peek-a-boo is one of those tried and true games that you play with your children starting at a very young age.  It's one of the things that gets you your first smile, your first giggle, and then your first belly laugh.  Gracie was very discriminate in what she laughed at... regular old peek-a-boo may get us a giggle,  but in order to get that belly laugh we were searching for, I would often hide behind door frames and scare the living bejeezus out of her by jumping out and yelling "baaaaaah!!"   She would always immediately start laughing, and then hide behind the nearest thing to her (usually dad).

Yesterday was a turning point in our "baaaaah" game.  Now that Gracie is moving, I'm usually chasing her down the hall, yelling "baaaaaah!" while she giggles and hides.  After supper last night, I chased her into the bathroom, where she stopped, turned around, put both hands in the air, and yelled back "baaaah!"  At first I just laughed... but that wasn't the response she was looking for for, so she tried it again... "baaaaaaaaaaah!!!"  So I screamed.  She laughed so hard she fell on her bum and then onto the floor.  But she quickly jumped up, now chasing me back into the living room, yelling "baaaah" the whole way, and with me screaming after each one.  Then she spotted her dad in the kitchen.  She was quite eager to show him her new trick.  And God love him, he screams just as loud as I do! :)

The night continued, we played with our toys, and when it was time to get Gracie ready for bed, she decided to continue the game in her bedroom.


Dad was the lucky one caught on camera.  But he plays along like a champ!  I'm about to go wake her up  now and get her ready for the day.  It will be interesting to see if she remembers right away how scary she is... or if that game will continue tonight.  One thing is for sure, she never ceases to entertain us with what she learns... and I can't wait to play her next game with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment