Monday, April 06, 2015

3,650 Days Later...

This is it... today is the day!  Today marks the 10th anniversary of the first time Danny and I went out together!  A decade... a 10th of a century...120 months... 3,650 days.  It's been a long time, baby!

We met when I was 19, and he was 21.  We were young, and pretty, and much hairier back then.  We met first at a bar.  Where we spoke 10 words to each other, and then Danny stared at my behind when I left.  We met next at a friend's house, where we had shots of "holy water" to toast the newly-passed Pope John Paul II.  Then came the date.  It was April 6, 2005.  Danny pulled into my driveway (my parent's driveway, really.  Cause I still lived at home).  He had his white Ford Taurus, with the red velvet interior.   My niece, Jessica, was 2 at the time.  She was watching out the window with me.  I kissed her goodbye, started out the door, and then the car pulled away! "Wait, boy!!!" Jessica yelled. "Your forgot my Aunt Sammy!"  Apparently, Danny thought he had the wrong house.  He came back though, and we proceeded on our first date.  Ah, the first date.  We went to Caps in Kentville, and played some pool.  I almost beat him.  Except that, I found out later, Danny was quite the pool shark in his day, and actually just let me sink a few balls.  Then we went to the movies.  To see "Guess Who." After the movie, we drove around for a while, and then he took me home.  Such a gentleman.


  

And the rest, as they say, is history. 

We dated, and fell in love.  Aww.  I moved away, and we did the long-distance thing for a while.  I moved home.  We moved in.  We bought a house.  We got engaged after 3 years, married after 4.  We went on a honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean.  We decided we wanted kids... and took care of that over the next 4 years together.  3 kids, aged 3 and under.  Some people said we were crazy.  They were probably right.











But here we are, 10 years later.  About to sell our first home in order to move into something that will fit our family for the next 5-10 years.  We never could have predicted when we moved into this house 9 years ago that we would outgrow it... but since then our little family has grown by 3 people, a cat, and a dog.




We've been through a lot, these last 10 years.  Dating, marriage, and now three beautiful kids.

Looking back, 10 years doesn't seem like a lot of time... and yet we've accomplished so much together!  So tonight we drink, not because the kids are driving are us crazy, but in celebration of a decade of togetherness, and in hopes of another decade to come! xox

Love is the answer,
at least for most of the questions in my heart, like
Why are we here? and Where do we go?
and How come it's so hard?
It's not always easy,
and sometimes life can be deceiving.
But I'll tell you one thing,
It's always better when we're together!



No comments:

Post a Comment